CALL TO ARTISTS!
Sign up soon!
SEK Art Fest is now accepting applications for concept ideas for our 2014 event. This year's art fest will feature 36 large football statues in downtown Pittsburg and the surrounding area towns.
While the objects are footballs, artists are not limited to having a football themed item. Think of the football as a canvas and let your creative juices flow!
Judges from the art field will choose the winning artists. Those selected will be notified by April 25th. Artists participating
will receive a $500 stipend and $100 for materials.
The footballs will be available to start working on in early May and will have approximately six weeks to complete. Statues will then be on public display from June - October 2014 and then auctioned off to raise money to fund other art projects and festivals in the area.
Deadline for submissions is March 31, 2014 and must be completed online at www.visitcrawfordcounty.com/sekartfest.
For more information, contact Sarah Runyon at email@example.com or Leslie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing your ideas!
"SEK Loves Football"
Last year, SEK Art Fest chose "Mining Memories" for their inaugural event, featuring 24 large, fiberglass coal buckets that local artisans decorated. The event was a huge success, bringing thousands of visitors to downtown Pittsburg. Objects were auctioned off at the end, raising funds for future regional art projects and festivals.
This year, as an extension to our heritage, SEK Art Fest will feature football statues. Football has deep roots in this area and continues to thrive in Southeast Kansas. Crawford County is even trademarked the "Football Capital of Kansas"!
This year's event will not only celebrate our area's love for football, but will also expand the appreciation for the arts. With your help, SEK Art Fest 2014 will enhance our community's pride, tourism and development.
Underwriters receive the following recognition for the contribution of $1,995 toward an art object:
1. Right to choose their artist from the juried list in order they pay the underwriting fee
2. Prime location based on the order they pay the underwriting fee
3. Listing in all advertising, marketing brochures, ads, etc.
4. Prominent signage on the art object that is underwritten, which will be on the streets from June-October 2014
5. Recognition at all SEK Art Fest public events
6. Free entry, snacks and drinks to the "sneak preview" of finished objects ahead of the public unveiling
7. Free snacks and drinks at the pre-auction reception
8. Prime VIP seating at the auction event
Please contact Leslie Harris at (620) 308-6392
to become an underwriter or for more information.
Your support is greatly appreciated!